Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Shadow 9-20-2012

I am tired, but I'm wide awake
I wish that I could sleep,
The thoughts are running through
my mind, running oh so deep!
I have thoughts, thoughts you see,
of things I think you did.
When fairy tales should have been mine
and I was just a kid.
The images of running through fields,
Flowers slipping through my hands.
Are replaced with images of
A dark and troubled man.
I push them out, but they come back
Bleeding through my brain.
My heart is heavy, oh so heavy
filled with angst and pain..
I hate you for these memories
forced on me when oh so young.
They're thoughts that tumble
through my mind
and can never be undone.
I'm searching for a peaceful dream
filled with sanctity.
Help me wipe them from my thoughts
So sleep can come to me.

                        P. Contreras

3 comments:

  1. OH MY Gosh... That is far too powerful! How Sad! I see why you liked "The Truth" ... Poor little girl.. Wish I could give you a hug Paula.....Your writing is such a reflection of such deep feelings! Does it help to write them out? It helps me, and then when I am angry, I sing them very loud and get it all out again! If you need a friend, ever, you can call me :) Just send your # to my email first so that I know who is calling, or leave a message, and I will call you right back.. This is an amazing poem Paula..Love, Teresa...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Teresa. And thanks Donna, I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment, please be considerate when leaving comments. Constructive comments are welcomed