Sunday, August 5, 2012

Death By Chocolate 8-5-2012

Death By Chocolate

It has been two long days
And no chocolate in sight.
I was craving it bad
And there wasn't a bite.

I had looked in the cupboards,
I had looked in the fridge.
If I didn't have it soon
It would be a big binge.

Madly I drove
Today to the store
To pick up some
Chocolate, and a little bit more.

Running the isles
To fill up my list,
I can't forget isle six
Or the chocolate I'll miss.

On my way home the
Chocolate I eye,
I must have a piece
Or I think I will die.

One hand on the wheel
And one on the bar,
I struggle to open it
While driving the car.

My attention is elsewhere
And not on the street.
I must have this concoction,
I must have this sweet.

I swerve the car
To just miss another
I've realized now
That I must recover.

I really don't want my
Epitaph to read,
"Death by Chocolate,
She just had the need".

           P. Contreras

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment, please be considerate when leaving comments. Constructive comments are welcomed