Saturday, August 11, 2012

Mother Bear August 2012

He's not perfect, I know this in my mind
But in my heart, he is nothing less.

He shares all the little idiosyncrasies
that I have carried for so long.

Inheriting not just the good,
but the bad and annoying.

With all this, I know still
that the best part is his heart.

For unlike others he see's with
his heart not his eye's.

And judges not even those
who try to judge him.

I am biased I know, but I am
Mother Bear.

Do not harm him with hands
or words for fear,
that I will come and my claws I will show.

Loudly they will proclaim
that he is mine
and I am Mother Bear.

                  P. Contreras

6 comments:

  1. Oh Paula! We are so much alike it isn't even funny! (Well kind of) I have a song that I never finished.."The neighbor lady yelled at me, Keep your brat at home, The mother bear came out in me, now she can't yell...just moan.." hahahaha I just Love This Poem!!! You are a Mother Bear! You rock Paula! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This came from the anger of my son telling me that his, then, girlfriend's parents didn't approve of him. They had preconceived ideas about him and hadn't even met him. Our last name is Contreras, does that give you a clue?

      Delete
    2. How shallow... Their Loss... I have seen current photographs of CJ... He is a very handsome young man, and with a Mom like You, Sure to be a Wonderful Guy for one very fortunate young lady!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Teresa, I kinda think he's pretty special as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No one is perfect. To me, kids on the spectrum are amazing and often better friends than many NTs. There are so many adult autistics now, who are working hard to make the voices of autistics heard. I hope your son is able to live in a society that sees his amazing skills and potential instead of his "deficits." Having a Mama Bear to advocate makes all the difference in the world! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline, although my child does not have special needs (except maybe a hug every now and then) I appreciate what you are saying. My nephew is autistic and turned 13 this year. I got my first open hug from him this year. My heart just exploded, and I wanted to cry. These children need not only Mama Bears, but also family and friends who can make everyone else aware that they are very special and the most loving unjudgemental people in the world. Wish we were all that way. Thank you for your comment.

      Delete

Please leave a comment, please be considerate when leaving comments. Constructive comments are welcomed